Ok, it’s that time of year where it’s so humid and hot that you melt off your moisturiser before you walk out the door and your makeup feels heavy and runny. Whats a gal (or metro-sexual) to do?
A few simple steps will keep you fresh and shine free and keep all your beauty secrets intact, instead of running down your face.
- Mattify! Why add moisture to your skin in already humid weather? Opt for an oil balancing lotion, like my Miracle Matte, which will leave you feeling shine free and velvety all day long. If you are feeling particularly oily, add a touch of the Pure Radiance Pressed Powder to your T-zone on top of the Miracle Matte. This will ensure you’ll look matte even on the sun!
- Skip the eyeshadow and opt for a bolder gel eyeliner instead. It not only looks great, it stays in place and looks clean. If you feel naked without color on your eye lids, apply a gel blush, like my Juicy Cheeks to crease of eyes and blend out. You’ll have a healthy flush of color that stays put, even under water!
- Add mascara to upper lash line only. Again, it’s a cleaner look and less likely to run if you don’t apply to lower lashes.
- Apply a stain or Juicy Cheek (cream gel) to cheeks and lips.
- Keeping hair pulled back or off your face not only looks fresh and keeps you cool, it helps keep your skin from breaking out. Oily hair + Humidity = breakouts!